2/13/2004

I am sitting in a jazz bar opposite Rockefeller square, watching the snow fall down. It is Christmas, and the people are skating. I've never felt lonelier, but i've never felt so warm. Perhaps its the effusive glow of the christmas lighting, the lovers skating on ice, and the cacophony of street noises which adjourn to the background.

I've never been to Rockefeller square=p

Taking the MRT back from work, seeing people flash by, hurrying back from YJC, the elderly female warrant who probably has no one to eat with again. The busker at the station, guitar in hand, harmonica on mouth. The byzantine complex of Causeway Point, with its labyrinths of staircases and the queue behind the ATM machine.

Asleep on the bus.

Alight. Girl runs towards lover, shaping for a hug, guy stands there bewildered. He extends a hand, and what was supposed to be a hug transforms to a pair of hands clasped in the safe, warm glow of love. I need the toilet badly.

I could be lonely forever. And i say that in the same tone I would say 'I could have died in your arms'.

It's not the best possible world though, so ad majorem dei gloriam. for the greater glory of god. the jesuit motto.

to be erotic, not neurotic.

No comments: