4/03/2004

If there's tragedy once, then there's tragedy twice
presaging death in clairvoyant eyes.
first i'm getting older too,
and secondly, so are you.

only your hubris redeems you,
that your cry could mean a million things
more formula, mashed prunes or a change of diapers
mathematical formulas, mashed hearts and a change of friends.

Are these your fingers that tickle my spine?
Because a two year old knows no strangers?
Only your mother knows
knows that tickling strangers is wrong.

Do your fingers roam as you lie supine?
Do you, age 20, try to get to know strangers?
Only this time your mother knows
knows avoiding strangers is wrong.

"Unwept, unfriended, without marriage song, I am led forth in my sorrow on this journey that can be delayed no more.
No longer hapless one, may I behold your day-star's sacred eye, but for my fate no tear is shed, no friend makes moan."

No comments: