6/07/2002

This thing is different from a pen and paper journal in that it posts in an anticlockwise manner! What i meant was probably non-chronological, but if something does anti-clockwise, it goes against the passage of time too right?

A quote from Rimbaud:
A noir, E blanc, I rouge, U vert, O bleu!

How I miss my French lessons. But yes, they were getting boring at Sec 2...i honestly enjoyed it under Mme Lim...and Mme Pang too, I still remember the embarassing things i said for my French Oral Exam...hehe, no need to say them aloud here. Exhortation of colours and vowels. I like art, but I'm horrible at drawing. I can't do a lot of things, like music. Perhaps writing, but have a long way to go (hehe enforced humility?) My choice of colours shows I'm not very artistic anyway. I'm bad at maths too...but I can improve...spent too much time engaging in "futile" pursuits in secondary school. Good memory, I hope.

Oh, and another quote from my best friend in P3. A song actually. How i learnt the word "fuck"

Don't fuck around
Don't fuck around
Don't fuck around
Don't fuck around with me! (Repeat x2)


Perhaps the details fail me, but I swear it was like that when I remembered it. It has a good moral, though my friend may not have meant it in that context. Don't fuck around. Hear that, dad? Hah, I wank from time to time anyway. But it is probably not as pure as other forms of love. I'm not proud of it anyway. But read any of James Joyce's novels. Yes. Love your crooked neighbour, with your crooked heart. I'm a forgiving person anyway I hope. Although I lose my temper, rarely. I strike people as rather unambitious anyway. Growing up reasonably comfortable, I'm lucky. Otherwise, grub first, then ethics. I pride myself on patience though. But I occasionally do things that my ideal self wouldn't so, because I'm not perfect. That's no excuse, you have to try to be perfect. But you have to start from knowing what you aren't. See, I even started this journal. How repentant! Confessional.

No comments: