7/09/2005

just a piece of blue sky















Haven't been around much lately have I? Must be pretty infuriating. The past week has been relatively free from work, and got to catch my breath and have a change of pace (oh, it wasn't slow enough?)

The photo, well, was on my way to Zining's party (Happy 21st!) and I decided to try out my new phone, not too bad is it. Yes, I did go really early and was rather bored so that's what I did in my spare time.

I had plenty of weird, weird moments, and moments of inspiration over the past week.

Here are some of them:

1. Roger Federer winning Wimbledon. Thing of beauty.
2. Walking along Orchard Road in the morning, realizing that clueless tourists or expats co-exist together with retirees, who mill about with no purpose whatsoever. And there are even the flyer givers, no escaping them. albeit this one was weird, she seemed afraid of me and seemed to withdraw from giving flyers, as well as manage to look totally clueless.
3. Dodgy X-ray clinic, but cheap. Receptionist looks like someone you could shag, it's the make-up and all. Some people do retain their beauty well. "lao chio?"
4. Getting very interested about my course, the options available, and wanting to do every course in the book. (website). Read up on "Calculus of Vector Functions", a simple enough title. It's what my dad used way back when he was in UNSW, and the terminology is really confusing (perhaps because I'm not trained enough). If you browse through it you could probably follow until pg 75 or so, when it starts getting complex. All the same, the interesting stuff seemed to be at the back, and some bits of it were at the front too. In particular, the topology sections, and the way they prove stuff for weird shapes as well as until n values and such is quite beautiful. It's not quite instinctive, a bit complicated, but I guess mathematics is nice in that the simpler the truth is, the harder it seems to derive. proving for all cases always harder than proving for one. In particular, this Riemann guy seems to be a hero of differential math. But my god... how much there is to know in this world, and how little time.
5. Knowing that with my current level of mathematics, I will never complete "Calculus of Vector Functions", I have chosen to be modest and work on calculus and algebra refreshers. MA100 looks manageable enough (the 1st few weeks), and quantitative analysis of econs questions seems really interesting! I never thought I would say this but yes, I do need math to do what I love. I wish I knew that earlier.
6. I should be able to get SIA tickets to London paid for. Bulk discounts and such.
7. Medical Report done. I am fine and well (yes, the waterfall didn't dent me), although I must confess the doctor seemed to presume I was fine, and yes, didn't check for STDs too.
8. usual, little bit happy, little bit sad. sometimes when you're alone you're inspired, and no distractions, but sometimes it's weary. "what do people do?"
9. I have a home in London. To be more modest, a roof over my head. It's at Bankside Hall, 24 Sumner Street, SE1 9JA, London, United Kingdom of Great Britain. The 200 pound deposit put a dent in my account. But it should leave me worry free for.... 2 weeks? More when I get there.
Letters should come addressed to me. But, in due time of course. Of course, pleased that London won the bid, and if you want my views on the terrorist bombings, I will oblige because they're rather strong and perhaps do not belong here.
10. And the pleasures of just walking around under a clear blue sky, when one would be normally in school, or at work, and going to the post office, dropping letters off, making lunch. Aaah, slow and leisurely. I'm not usually this appreciative of the simpler things in life, and I should blog while I still have this happy mood. The irony is that it's pitch dark but I'm happier.

No comments: