3/19/2005

ORD loh!

I officially ORD today! I haven't actually received my IC back, thanks to some administrative errors, but according to the release order, I'm now an operationally-ready NSman.

Yes they were joking all the way about how they'd lose my IC and not let me ORD and it turns out that I really can't collect my IC.

I realised it's not easy to say goodbye to people. You can write a mail to everyone you've ever worked with but your relations with them would have varied and you can only thank some people and give everyone else a rather generic message. You can shake your superior's hand and tell them thanks, it's been a pleasure but it doesn't really convey your appreciation. You could break down emotionally and confess everything but that isn't all you feel. To the NSFs who haven't ORDed you can only wish them luck and leave. I thought it would be more significant than yesterday but I guess goodbyes are never as sad as we prepare ourselves for. No that's wrong I guess it's just this one.

Now what do you do when you ORD? To celebrate your freedom, usually people go do some wild shit. Didn't think that that would be appropriate... still... went to Indochine to chill. Service was atrocious, perhaps cause it was a busy night... acoustic guitar band playing covers... a little hint of irony when they covered "time of your life", and i found a cocktail that i like cause it tasted like the green fanta thing that I used to drink, and it's green but there's no midori.

you know what... it's been over 2 years... perhaps i should record down some of the things i never really had the time to write.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats