2/14/2005

14th February: St Valentine's Day, & the 60th anniversary of the bombing of Dresden (the fuck?)

I love trains. I had to trek up to MINDEF having trained earlier for Cobra Challenge. There was the single gauge railway of course, part of the KTM network. (It's malaysian land right?) Trains remind me of the country more than anything. Cause they pass through some of the most inhospitable terrain. If you played FF8 you would have recalled Yuffie also saying "I love trains."
I loved it when I went to KL on train. Trains, the British Empire, Trans-Siberian, Trains chugging to Auschwitz, Belsen and Dachau (tragic trains). Choo choo. Thomas the train. Damsel tied to the track.

Dresden was bombed too. I think it was Harris who ordered the incendiary bombing of the city (was Hamburg hit too?). Good that they're reminding us. I was never a Dresdenian, but I'm sure whatever transpired must have been horrific enough to be remembered 60 years on. But how many atrocities must have happened in the years. I could assign one to every day.

Also: Valentine's day. It appears the hip & vogue thing to be (okay maybe not maybe it's a genuine feeling) is to demystify valentine's day and all, that it doesn't mean much. why should it, to us singles, or even to the couples who contend that they can show their love on the other 364 days of the year.

There was a time I felt sad on Christmas and Valentine's. But it's so sad to set every Christmas tree on fire, pluck the petals of the roses etc. I also felt there were many different varieties of pretty people, but that's like saying there's many flavours of ice-cream.

I got tricked today! I got tricked by evil Clarence, who pretended he was in some shit on v-day. suffice to say, being naive and gullible as i am, i fell for it and called weilan. wtf. oh well. better spastic than skeptic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not saying like fuck vday or anything but why make such a big fuss? whether you hate it or love it. its nice yes, sure, but you don't have to holler your love/hatred for it.

-From the one who spend half an hour arguing about beauty with you

Jesse said...

understand... think you'd be the last person to be unromantic.

i think i just needed to reillusion myself... maybe it's new year's resolution or smth... and sometimes i try to will symbolism onto things