2/20/2005

D�ja vu

Newsweek did an appreciation of Arthur Miller, where the obituaries (if any) traditionally reside.

They had a nice huge picture of Marilyn Monroe, cheek pressed against the doorway with a single hand on it, and Arthur Miller glaring ominously behind her, pencils in pocket. Arthur is stiff, rigid, Marilyn is slouching as she has the doorway for support. They do not touch. It's a black and white photo, so one can never tell, but they were wearing dark coloured clothes, for certain, and Marilyn was decked in a rather sombre looking dress. She was anything but, and she wore the traditional look reserved for staring our of doorways (pensive, thinking about god knows what). They were on the set of 'Misfits'.

And I was thinking. They stole my picture! No, it wasn't, because I was influenced by god knows millions of people before me. But I always had a picture of my girl standing and staring out of the window. I have also a picture of a girl hailing a cab, of course, I'd be taking the picture from the direction the cab would be approaching in.

She was gorgeous then though, with straight, short hair, I never really liked her with her curls. And her famous mole was unseen.

ok nothing i just wanted to say something about this picture.

No comments: